A KEY ROLE IN THE INDUSTRY
As a national body for the plumbing industry, the Singapore Plumbing Society, SPS, aims to promote a more conducive environment through implementation of effective programmes for its Members to grow and contribute to the Industry.
- To promote the Art & Science of Sanitary & Plumbing Technology and advance the status & interest of Members.
- To promote business enterprises and ventures for Members in any practical way either locally or internationally.
- To promote awareness of the existence of the Society and to raise the level of civic consciousness of its Members to the public.
- To accredit all qualified plumbers into the Registry of Plumbers of the Society.
- To manage, maintain and control the Registry of Plumbers recognized by government or public body.
- To work or affiliate with other Boards, Institutes, Societies, Organizations locally or overseas for the betterment of the Society.
- To encourage Members to participate in the different roles as may be classified by the activities of the Society to meet its organizational objectives.
- To organize and conduct continuing professional development programmes.
SPS Acts As A Unified And Representative Body For The Plumbing Profession And Its Related Sectors. It Serves As The Voice Of The Plumbing Profession Through:
- Having regular dialogues with relevant organizations, government and quasi-government bodies for and on behalf of its Members.
- Forging closer interaction and co-operation with local and foreign national commercial organizations and government authorities, and acts as a catalyst to bring about growth and development in the plumbing industry.
- Promoting productivity, material and technological upgrade of the plumbing and related services sectors, and creating awareness and supporting efforts on quality, environment and consumer protection.
- Informing members of commercial and technological developments so that they can operate effectively in today’s highly competitive and rapidly changing business environment, and take advantage of opportunities that arise.
- Promoting Singapore plumbing and related industries both locally and abroad.
- Strengthening plumbing’s role in up-lifting the quality of life through high standards of plumbing and sanitation practices.